Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My President is Black...

That is what my blog is supposed to be about right, because I am so proud to be an America especially today of all days. Well, I am and I think The Obamas definitely serve as an inspiration to me, but their reality is very far from mine. True story, the day after the election, I was talking to my old boss and she said that if we can get a black president, then we can get me married too. I guess if it was coming from anyone else but maybe five other people, I might have gotten offended, but Shan KNOWS me very well.

It's not to say that I am some "pimp" or "mack mama"... or a chyck that keeps a lot of guys, but I am extremely choosy and when I don't get the attention that I want, someone else would be implemented to pick up the slack. I am 1000% sure that my choosiness is the reason that I am single because I am know what being smitten with someone feels like and it's just something that I respect MOST guys to much to fake. I don't even feel comfortable asking for money unless it a dire circumstance, especially if it is someone that I am just dating. Everyone has a the fairy tale of helping someone on the "come up" but what happens when the person never makes it up. Often times, you have lowered yourself to deal with their circumstances and time has been wasted. Time is the one thing in our lives that we can NEVER get back. That very concept reminds me that the problem is not with ME, it's everyone else b/c I have dealt with quite a few guys who thought it was OK to ask me for money. It was an instant turn-off and I reluctantly severed a few ties. The currency itself means nothing to me, but the principles that govern it's treatment mean everything, especially when it involves it leaving my pocket.

Once MR RIGHT finds me, things will be different b/c I will KNOW who he is by the way that he treats me. He will start building a foundation for our future from DAY ONE and give as selflessly as I once did. Sadly, he will also have a lot of reconstruction to do as far as my emotions go, b/c I am more than a little off when it comes to my feelings and expressing them. Anyway, this is not a love blog...so moving right along.

It's interesting how GOD will send someone your way. I will not lie, the thought of gastric bypass surgery has crossed my mind more than a few times the last few days especially since I actually saw that I look like in numbers, but today it's just not acceptable. I talked to a young lady at work today who had the surgery and it turned her life upside down. She can't eat meat, dairy or sugar of any kind and is in quite a bit of pain. I know that it doesn't happen to everyone but just the thought of that being a possibility is just not a risk that I am willing to take. And when I plateau and the scale refuses to move down any further, I will seek more assistance b/c going under the knife any more than I have to is no longer able to entertained in my mind.

I broke a nail on Sunday night and decided to remove them all, so I had to go and get a manicure first thing on Monday morning. It's some color that is way too red in my opinion called Drastic, but everyone else seems to like it. So, I guess it is ok. I am pleased with the way that my natural nails look and will probably continue to keep them painted as long as my finances allow. We'll see what happens tho....


Luv Always :)

No comments: