Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Moment of Truth...

First off, let me give a little bit of history. I have always been overweight since childhood.I had surgery when I was 10 and the doctor told me that I had to be basically immobile for a summer and my weight skyrocketed. However, I found peace when I went to college until I had started having to take steroids to deal with my athsma which was off the chain b/c of the thinner air up there.

So anyway, I don't know WHAT happened between last February and this year b/c I definitely was not expecting to see what I saw yesterday. I don't know if maybe I was living in a bubble or in denial...but I am really not pleased with my physical appearance right now and I HAVE to come up with a course of action. So now I am on the search for a personal trainer because it's obvious that without personal attention, it's just not going to happen...especially after the first plateau. I don't even have a goal at this point either, I just know that things have to change.

Luckily, I was jy like prepared anyway b/c I don't keep junk food, soda or any of that in the house. I have very little juice and the only sweets in my house now are cake from my dad's bday, some cupcakes I baked last week and probably ate two if that, and some ice cream cups from the party the other night. The ice cream I may keep, but I won't touch it until it gets warmer outside b/c these temperatures in the teens and my breathing don't mix.

Another good thing is that I haven't had much of an appetite lately, so as long as I can make sure I get the things that I am supposed to eat in...I should be in good, in terms of not overeating. Even though I am not happy right now....maybe I will be soon. Any recommendations for a trainer are appreciated. :)

Luv Always :)

No comments: